recent KDE buildsystem changes that affect OSX?

Benjamin Reed rangerrick at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 22:29:12 CEST 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 4:11 PM, Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org> wrote:

>  Ok, we really should get nightly builds for the more "exotic" platforms (OSX,
>  FreeBSD, Solaris, Windows).

Yeah.  What do I need to do this?  Dirk's build script stuff seems
pretty opaque to me, and the KDE dashboard seems to no longer exist on
cmake's site.

>  Yes, this looks like a cmake 2.6 issue. Which means we could modify our stuff
>  so it works, but the goal is that cmake 2.6 doesn't require modifications, so
>  let's find out what exactly goes wrong.
>  cmake 2.6 can also generate application bundles and library frameworks and
>  install them.
>  That's what the bundle destination is for.
>  I don't have a mac around to test.
>  Can you please create a small testcase to reproduce this ?
>  Something like
>
>  add_executable(hello MACOSX_BUNDLE main.cpp)
>  install(TARGETS hello RUNTIME DESTINATION bin
>                       LIBRARY DESTINATION lib
>                       ARCHIVE DESTINATION lib)

Yeah, even that small sample fails.

I've got a test case with a version that fails and a version that passes, here:

  http://ranger.befunk.com/debug/cmake-bundle-destination-test.tar.gz

Adding "BUNDLE DESTINATION lib" fixes it; but I would say that if
BUNDLE DESTINATION is not set, cmake should fall back to whatever
LIBRARY DESTINATION is set to.

--
Benjamin Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick
Fink, KDE, and Mac OS X development