Debug buildtype broken

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Sep 19 14:53:29 CEST 2007

Hi,

in kdelibs the CXX and CFLAGS for Debug builds are set to include -g -O2
which breaks debug builds. This way debug builds are usable _only_ for
getting backtraces, but not for actual debugging because this lets gcc
optimize away some local variables and also makes stepping through code
nearly impossible (each step may jump forth and back through the current
function).

The only workaround is using debugfull buildtype, which doesn't exist on
win32, so I suspect its impossible to do debugging with MinGW.

I suggest to change this to -g -O0 and leave -g -O2 to RelWithDebugInfo,
which currently is nearly the same as Debug.

Andreas

--
Today is the first day of the rest of your life.