make install

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Oct 5 23:58:55 CEST 2007

Andreas Hartmetz wrote:
> 2007/10/5, Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com>:
>> Repeat installations are now lightning fast.
>>
> Sweeeet!
> Do you have any release plans? I'm happy already with CVS HEAD, though.

There are some major changes in CMake HEAD since the 2.4.x branch was
created.  We have not yet scheduled 2.6.

The changes for this bug could probably be ported to 2.4 but I do not
know if there will be another release of that branch before 2.6 anyway.

> Somebody mentioned that it would also be nice if one could suppress
> the "Up-to-date: <file>" lines. It's a one liner to hardcode. I don't
> care much about it myself, but for now I'm running a CMake that
> doesn't show the up-to-date lines.
> The idea is that you can see at a glance if the file you wanted to
> have reinstalled has actually been reinstalled. Not that this had ever
> failed for me :)
> Thank you, and please consider this suggestion. I can make a patch if
> you want. Your command-line system probably is manageable for me, and
> the actual suppression of output is a piece of cake.

This was requested here:

http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=4141

I'm not yet sure what interface should be provided to configure the
verbosity level.  Please post suggestions in the bug report if you have
ideas.

Thanks,
-Brad