kde4_add_test is not sufficient

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Fri Jun 8 13:41:49 CEST 2007

Andreas Pakulat said:
> On 08.06.07 00:34:17, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>> Not sure we need this. If it just adds add_test() to
>> kde4_add_test_executable() it might more confuse than help.
>
> Well, kde4_add_unit_test is simply just a little convenience macro to
> not having to remember to use both kde4_add_test_executable and
> add_test.

I'd say that kde4_add_test should do what the name says: add_test. We can
have another macro to create and build executables that aren't unit tests.

I argue for that because we want people to create unit tests whenever
possible. As such, the short name should belong to the most common action.
The longer name can be used for the exceptions.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358