Strange error in kdesupport

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Jul 10 06:12:21 CEST 2007

On Friday 06 July 2007 13:18, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 July 2007, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > This is in kdesupport, so it uses FindQt4.cmake coming with cmake,
> > right ? Please replace the FindQt4.cmake from cmake with the one
> > attached here and run cmake again and delete CMakeCache before, and
> > send the output here.
> >
> > This is with the released Qt 4.3.0, right ?
>
> So kdesupport is from a few days (when I wrote the mail), qt-copy is
> again from that time. It probably uses the cmake's FindQt4.cmake,
> because with your replacement file it gives some new warnings and
> errors on cmake phase (but still doesn't build with the same error).

That's ok, I just added some debug output.

> See the logs.
> Is there some issue with my qt build??
>
> Andras

Yes, there's some issue with your Qt. From the log:

-- qmake: -/opt/qt4/bin/qmake-, invar: -QMAKE_MOC-
-- OUTPUT: --
-- RESULT: -3-
-- ERROR: -QMAKESPEC has not been set, so configuration cannot be deduced.
Error processing project
file: /data/development/build/kde-trunk/kdesupport/eigen/tests/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmpQmake/tmp.pro
-

This means /opt/qt4/bin/qmake couldn't successfully run, because "QMAKESPEC
has not been set, so configuration cannot be deduced". I don't know why this
happens. Have you an environment variable QMAKE_SPEC set ? Does it help if
you set it to something like linux-g++-64 ?