automoc v2

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Sat Jul 7 10:51:28 CEST 2007

On Saturday 07 July 2007, David Faure wrote:
> Does this solve the following problem?
> I renamed a header file (say foo.h to bar.h), and with the current code
> (foo.automoc created), I got some dependency error on foo.automoc.

No, it doesn't. Because I made the _automoc.cpp depend on all .cpp files that
are passed as sources plus all corresponding existing .h files. If this is
not done then only changing a header file will not result in the moc being
rerun.

I see no way to have "flexible dependencies" (i.e. dependencies that are
determined at make-time). The only way I can think of right now is to run
kde4automoc unconditionally for every target (without any explicit
dependencies then). But I don't know how to do that (yet), and it would mean
that the build becomes a bit slower again.

http://Vir.homelinux.org/
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de