Merging of kdelibs_export.h and kdelibs_export_win.h

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Jan 23 19:24:04 CET 2007

On Tuesday 23 January 2007 19:16, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> Alexander Neundorf schrieb:
> >> yesterday this change was made to kdelibs_export.h:
> >> -#define KSPELL2_EXPORT KDE_EXPORT
> >> +#define SONNET_EXPORT KDE_EXPORT
> >>
> >> today I tried to compile one thing in kdebase, and *every single file in
> >> kdebase* had to be recompiled, even though *nothing* in kdebase uses
> >> kspell2/sonnet.
> >> "/d/kde/inst/kde4/include/kdelibs_export.h" is newer than depender
> >> "libkonq/CMakeFiles/konq.dir/konq_faviconmgr.o".
> >>
> >> I stand by what I said: we need to split it up ;)
> >
> > You have my full support.
> >
> Can't this somehow autocreated by cmake for every subdir of kdelibs?
> Can't you collect them all in kde4_add_library()?

I autocreate foo_export.h files with my kdesdk script, but I don't think we can go
to the next step of full automation; every subdir doesn't define its own lib.

Plus in some cases we might want an extra export macro that is only set when unit
tests are enabled (we do that in koffice, maybe one day we need that in kdelibs too).