Qt static libraries - pkgconfig again

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Fri Feb 23 23:18:04 CET 2007

Holger Schröder schrieb:
> On Friday 23 February 2007 21:38:56 Thiago Macieira wrote:
>> Simon Hausmann wrote:
>>> Christian is right there, also because qmake does not generate
>>> pkg-config files on Windows.
>> May I suggest then that we together standardise on a dependency file for
>> static libraries (and platforms where such a thing is necessary)? More or
>> less like the libtool .la file.
>>
>> CMake will need it anyways for supporting static builds of other
>> applications.
>
> well, pkg-config is available on win32, at least that is what
> http://pkgconfig.freedesktop.org/wiki/ says, although i haven´t tested it
> yet.
>
> so what about this option: for qt 4.2 we leave things as they are, and for qt
> 4.3 the trolls install .pc files on windows too, and we use them under linux
> and under windows ?

pkg-config is available on win32, but it's only used in msys environment
(where you have a linux-like directory layout) -> the location of the pc
files is not defined on windows. A path can be added with
PKG_CONFIG_PATH (afaik), but imho this just makes the whole kde
compilation more complex than we gain advantages from using pkg-config
on win32.

Christian