how to build generated sources in parallel with out linking them together?

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at
Wed Feb 21 18:41:14 CET 2007

On Wednesday 21 February 2007 15:02, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> Hi,
> coolo and I are wondering how to add a custom target, that when invoked,
> builds a lot of generated sources (consisting of a couple of custom compile
> defines and an include statement) in parallel (up to the usual make -j
> parallelism level) and does not link them together (because linking does
> not work).

What doesn't work ?
Shouldn't it be possible to build a library out of them ?

Work: alexander.neundorf AT -
Home: neundorf AT                -
      alex AT               -