link error in some kioslaves in kdebase

David Faure faure at
Wed Aug 22 20:26:24 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 22 August 2007, Bernhard Breinbauer wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 August 2007 wrote David Faure:
> > On Tuesday 21 August 2007, Bernhard Breinbauer wrote:
> > > -target_link_libraries(kcm_media    ${KDE4_KDE3SUPPORT_LIBS})
> > > +target_link_libraries(kcm_media ${KDE4_KDE3SUPPORT_LIBS}
> >
> > This shouldn't be necessary. kde3support depends on kdecore, so kdecore is
> > supposed to be mentionned in KDE4_KDE3SUPPORT_LIBS. If it's not, then it's
> > a bug in kdelibs/cmake/modules/, please investigate there.
> I'm sorry but I'm lost in this. I've looked into the FindKde4Internal but I
> have nearly no cmake knowledge, therefore i can't say what is/may be wrong.
> However I compared the commands issued to link
> The only difference I found is that the following libs occur one time more in
> the no-error case than in the error case:
> -lQtCore -lpthread -lQtDBus -lQtXml -lkdecore
> But the libs appear in both cases, so I don't think that should matter.
> What else can I do to help diagnose this issue?

Add -Q -v -Wl,-t  to the link line, to see which libs ld is really opening.
My guess is that it's finding another libkdecore on your system (e.g. in /usr/lib).
Do you have -L/usr/lib in the link line? If yes, then that's already fixed in cmake.

> > Plus I'm quite surprised because the first link error is
Actually it would explain that it fixes that kdeui-related error. Adding kdecore means adding the kde lib dir so then the right kdeui is then found.

David Faure, faure at, sponsored by Trolltech to work on KDE,
Konqueror (, and KOffice (