link error in some kioslaves in kdebase

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Aug 22 20:26:24 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 22 August 2007, Bernhard Breinbauer wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 August 2007 wrote David Faure:
> > On Tuesday 21 August 2007, Bernhard Breinbauer wrote:
> > > -target_link_libraries(kcm_media    ${KDE4_KDE3SUPPORT_LIBS})
> > > +target_link_libraries(kcm_media ${KDE4_KDE3SUPPORT_LIBS}
> > > ${KDE4_KDECORE_LIBS})
> >
> > This shouldn't be necessary. kde3support depends on kdecore, so kdecore is
> > supposed to be mentionned in KDE4_KDE3SUPPORT_LIBS. If it's not, then it's
> > a bug in kdelibs/cmake/modules/, please investigate there.
>
> I'm sorry but I'm lost in this. I've looked into the FindKde4Internal but I
> have nearly no cmake knowledge, therefore i can't say what is/may be wrong.
> However I compared the commands issued to link kcm_media.so.
> The only difference I found is that the following libs occur one time more in
> the no-error case than in the error case:
> -lQtCore -lpthread -lQtDBus -lQtXml -lkdecore
> But the libs appear in both cases, so I don't think that should matter.
>
> What else can I do to help diagnose this issue?

Add -Q -v -Wl,-t  to the link line, to see which libs ld is really opening.
My guess is that it's finding another libkdecore on your system (e.g. in /usr/lib).
Do you have -L/usr/lib in the link line? If yes, then that's already fixed in cmake.

> > Plus I'm quite surprised because the first link error is
Actually it would explain that it fixes that kdeui-related error. Adding kdecore means adding the kde lib dir so then the right kdeui is then found.