link error in some kioslaves in kdebase

Bernhard Breinbauer infopipe at gmx.net
Wed Aug 22 20:18:11 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 22 August 2007 wrote David Faure:
> On Tuesday 21 August 2007, Bernhard Breinbauer wrote:
> > -target_link_libraries(kcm_media    ${KDE4_KDE3SUPPORT_LIBS})
> > +target_link_libraries(kcm_media ${KDE4_KDE3SUPPORT_LIBS}
> > ${KDE4_KDECORE_LIBS})
>
> This shouldn't be necessary. kde3support depends on kdecore, so kdecore is
> supposed to be mentionned in KDE4_KDE3SUPPORT_LIBS. If it's not, then it's
> a bug in kdelibs/cmake/modules/, please investigate there.

I'm sorry but I'm lost in this. I've looked into the FindKde4Internal but I
have nearly no cmake knowledge, therefore i can't say what is/may be wrong.
However I compared the commands issued to link kcm_media.so.
The only difference I found is that the following libs occur one time more in
the no-error case than in the error case:
-lQtCore -lpthread -lQtDBus -lQtXml -lkdecore
But the libs appear in both cases, so I don't think that should matter.

What else can I do to help diagnose this issue? You can ping me (infopipe) on
#kde4-devel.

> Plus I'm quite surprised because the first link error is

You can't imagine how surprised/puzzled I am :-)

bernhard