cmake magic for Ruby/Korundum programs?

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Sep 14 19:38:39 CEST 2006

Hi Egon,

On Thursday 14 September 2006 14:30, Egon Willighagen wrote:
> On Thursday 14 September 2006 13:38, Egon Willighagen wrote:
> > On Wednesday 13 September 2006 19:22, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > > Ok, can you please explain exactly what it needs to do ?
> >
> > When installing things, it needs to check wether:
> >
> > - make sure KDE is available
>
> Jerome Pansanel pointed me to trunk/KDE/kdelibs/cmake/modules, so I now
> know about FindKDE3Internal.cmake. But I still get this error:
>
>   CMake Error: KDE3Internal_DIR is not set.  It must be set to the
> directory containing KDE3InternalConfig.cmake in order to use KDE3Internal.

is this actually for KDE3 or KDE4 ?

If it is for KDE3, you have to do:

find_package(KDE3)

i.e. not find_package(KDE3Internal), since this doesn't exist.
I guess you have cmake 2.4.3 ?
If you have an older version, please update.

> > - Korundum is available
>
> OK, I uploaded a FindKorundum.cmake to trunk/KDE/kdelibs/cmake/modules.

Looks ok so far.

> Please check if this is right.
>
> > - ruby-xattr is available (though I might just incorporate the source of
> > that)
>
> Will think about this one.
>
> > - find the location where ruby libs should be installed
>
> With FindRUBY.cmake that would be RUBY_LIBRARY, correct?

Yes.

From your blog:

> But it points to /usr/lib, which is returned by puts
> Config::CONFIG["libdir"]. Tips most welcome here too.

I committed this yesterday, obviously this isn't perfect.
Should it be /usr/lib/ruby/ or /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/
or /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/i686-linux/ ?
> I am trying to use CMake as a build tool, but ran into a number of problems,
> one being the lack of a good example. After asking around on #kde-ruby it
> turned out that there is no known example.

Do these help ?
http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/1743
http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/1668
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake#Tutorials

Bye
Alex

P.S. if you fix the problems mentioned in your blog, can please post this
too ? I didn't want to create yet another login just to post an answer.