Stricter compatibility checking for GIF dependency

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Tue May 30 20:20:37 CEST 2006

At 12:45 PM 5/30/2006, Paulo Jorge Guedes wrote:

>But my question remains. Shouldn't CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH be taken in consideration?
It really is too different parts of cmake.
One is the FIND_* stuff, that finds files on the disk, and
one is a trycompile.  If you want to add CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH to the try
compile you can.  I don't think it should be done automatically, unless
CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH was added to the -I line for all compiles automatically.
(Which I don't think we want.)

So, maybe it should work like this:

1. Use FIND_PATH to find the path to the GIF headers
2. use a try compile adding the path found in 1 to make
sure it is the right gif headers that are found.

-Bill