msvc: makekdewidgets

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Mon May 15 12:47:24 CEST 2006

Paulo Jorge Guedes wrote:

>> Could you post the error message.
>
> The error is that it can't find kdewin32 (on the configure step of cmake). Looking at FindKDEWIN32.cmake it's not a great surprise because it tries to find the libraries with a *d.
> What happens if you have kdewin32 built with release? It doesn't find them :)
> I think this is broken as it only allows a debug build.

By default msvc produces the "d" version (when build with cmake -G"NMake Makefiles" ..\kdelibs\win)
see kdelibs/win/CMakeLists:

set(CMAKE_DEBUG_POSTFIX "d")
add_library(kdewin32 SHARED ${win_LIB_SRCS} )

Maybe you've commented out the first line (like I did before
the FindKDEWIN32 changes). Befeor my FindKDEWIN32 changes
the pure svn version couldn't find kdewin32.
Or I'm wrong?

Peter