Build errors on windows (msvc 2005/nmake) for kdelibs4_snapshot

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Sat May 13 18:36:32 CEST 2006

On Sunday 07 May 2006 14:28, Michael Biebl wrote:
> I currently get the following build errors under Windows XP using msvc
> 2005/cmake 2.4.1/nmake:
>
> 1.)
> Linking CXX shared module ..\..\bin\keramik.dll
>    Creating library ..\..\bin\keramik.lib and object ..\..\bin\keramik.exp

fixed.

> 2.)
> Scanning dependencies of target kabc_file_plugin
> Building CXX object
> kabc/plugins/file/CMakeFiles/kabc_file_plugin.dir/resourcefi leplugin.obj
> resourcefileplugin.cpp
> NMAKE : fatal error U1071: cycle in dependency tree for target

the plugin library has the same name as the pure library:

kde4_add_library(kabc_ldapkio SHARED ${kabc_ldapkio_LIB_SRCS})
kde4_add_plugin(kabc_ldapkio_plugin ${kabc_ldapkio_plugin_PART_SRCS})

both commands add a kabc_ldapkio.dll, and the plugin dll links against
the non-plugin dll, that's the cycle in dependency (the IDE gives
something like that: input and output library has the same name)

> 3.)
> Generating kdewidgets.cpp
> NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '..\bin\makekdewidgets.exe' : return code
> '0xc0000135 '

I think this is because of the debug runtime libraries of msvc, they are
full off asserts, and somewhere in kdelibs/Qt is a bug.

Peter