"Please create a separate build directory and run 'cmake path_to_kdelibs [options]' there."

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Thu Mar 30 00:09:38 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 29 March 2006 20:34, Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> On 3/29/06, Kurt Pfeifle <k1pfeifle at gmx.net> wrote:

> > My "cmake path_to_kdelibs" uses a relative path though -- could that
> > be an issue?
>
> No, a relative path there should be completely fine.
>
> I wonder if there is some sort of limit on the cmake string compare
> functions.  How long is the full path to your source and build trees?
> Here's something you might try.  Can you rename your build directory
> something like kdelibs-build and rerun cmake?  It should not make
> a difference, but if the string compare function is getting confused
> that should make it work.

Indeed it didn't make a difference.

But I forgot to consider one thing: I had been running a cmake from SVN
(about 2 days old). And in the meanwhile I've read the mailing list
advice to rather stay away from this, and instead use specifically
recommended tarballs.

I didn't follow the advice for now; instead I updated cmake to current
CVS and built once more.

This didnt make it work either...

But perhaps it is a cmake bug in current CVS?

I'll use the latest tarball now and try again.

> It also might make sense to have the error message print out what it
> thinks the source and attempted build directory are.  Something like
> the patch I have attached.  I can add that to the CMakeLists.txt
> file if that sounds like a good idea.

Thanks for being another caring soul :-)

Alex has already done so (see my last posting).

> Cheers,
> Tanner

Cheers,
Kurt