"Please create a separate build directory and run 'cmake path_to_kdelibs [options]' there."

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 21:34:55 CEST 2006

On 3/29/06, Kurt Pfeifle <k1pfeifle at gmx.net> wrote:
> My "cmake path_to_kdelibs" uses a relative path though -- could that
> be an issue?

No, a relative path there should be completely fine.

I wonder if there is some sort of limit on the cmake string compare
functions.  How long is the full path to your source and build trees?
Here's something you might try.  Can you rename your build directory
something like kdelibs-build and rerun cmake?  It should not make
a difference, but if the string compare function is getting confused
that should make it work.

It also might make sense to have the error message print out what it
thinks the source and attempted build directory are.  Something like
the patch I have attached.  I can add that to the CMakeLists.txt
file if that sounds like a good idea.

Cheers,
Tanner

--