Suggestion to make ccmake even more friendly

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Wed Mar 29 23:46:11 CEST 2006

Hi, CMake devleopers,

I found ccmake a quite good approach to make the configure setup for
cmake more "compile newbie"-user friendly. Thank you for that!

Here are two suggestions to improve it even further:

* It recently happened that I came back to a screen session with
  2 "windows" open where I had ccmake open in 2 different builddirs
  (kdelibs and kdelibs4_snapshot). I could not remember which was
  which, and couldn't discover any hint in the visible ccmake
  ncurses window either.

  --> It would be nice if ccmake would display either the current
      directory, or the "module" it is called for. (There is some
      space still underneath "CMake Version" in the lower pane :-)

* ccmake displays all "paths" starting with a leading slash (even
  if they are meant as relative paths). This may be confusing.
  Examples are: CONFIG_INSTALL_DIR and COVERAGE_COMMAND

  --> it would be nice if there was a marker that distinguishes
      absolute and relative paths.

Cheers,
Kurt