More Compile fixes for OS X and potential means of building KDE/X11 on Mac/Win

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 23:13:22 CET 2006

Greetings again,

Attached is another compile fix patch for OS X.  This patches
kio/misc/kwalletd/kwalletd.cpp to only include QX11Info inside
a Q_WS_X11 define (that was already there, just not being used
by this particular include.  Please apply.
(kdelibs-kio-misc-kwalletd-kwalletd.cpp.patch)

While fixing this bug, it struck me that a really easy way to
figure out what kind of KDE was needed was to just look at the
Q_WS_* defines.  Assuming you're pointing to the correct version
of Qt you want to use for the compile, it should be a simple matter
of figuring out what kind of Qt build  it is and that would determine what
kind of KDE build it should be.  So, I modified the FindQt4.cmake
inside kdelibs/cmake/modules/ to do that check and export it.
To make sure it was being exported correctly, I added a message
to FindKDE4Internal.cmake to list what kind of kde is being compiled.

So, for cmake options that are only applicable to KDE/X11, you only need
to surround them with

if(Q_WS_X11)
   ... X11 options ...
endif(Q_WS_X11)

And for mac only options

if(Q_WS_MAC)
  ... native mac options...
endif(Q_WS_MAC)

For windows, I noticed there were two variables, so
I setup Q_WS_WIN32 and Q_WS_WIN64.

Any comments on this approach would be greatly appreciated.
If this is ok, please apply the attached patch (kdelibs-qt-type.patch).

Cheers,
Tanner

--
Tanner Lovelace