How to find qmake to find QT4

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Mar 21 19:27:56 CET 2006

William A. Hoffman wrote:
>I sort of like the idea of just putting qmake in your path.
>Once you find the right qmake, you can use qmake to find all the
>rest of qt.  What is the official qt build time environment supposed
>to be?   I was under the impression that the correct qmake had
>to be in your PATH before you can build qt applications.  At some
>point on the list it was stated that a proper qt environment would
>be required for cmake to work correctly.   Is there an official
>qt build time environment?

You need to find qmake only if you're using qmake to build your
application. If you are using qmake, you aren't using cmake.

So I don't see the point in finding it at all.

>If that is true, then I would argue that cmake should look for qmake
>in the PATH, and if not found there, stop looking.  Depending on
>pkg-config does not seem very platform independent.

  thiago.macieira (AT) trolltech.com     Trolltech AS
    GPG: 0x6EF45358                   |  Sandakerveien 116,
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C          |  NO-0402
    966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358          |  Oslo, Norway