Build problems with cmake / msvc2005

Alex Caudill erudified at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 18:55:23 CET 2006

>Why do these problems raise up once more?
>What's the problem to build & install kdewin32 *before* starting with
>kdelibs4?

>We should move kdewin to antoher place asap to not bring up this
>discussion every month... nay ideas? kdesupport?

Sorry to beat a dead horse, I didn't realize this was a recurring topic.

It's not a huge problem, it's just, to paraphrase William, an additional bit
of complexity that's not there on Unices. If it's going to be in kdelibs/,
why not have it handled like every other subdirectory? On the other hand, if
it's not going to be handled like every other subdirectory, why have it in
kdelibs/?

FWIW, my vote is to put the issue at rest indefinitely, one way or the
other. Moving kdewin32 to kdesupport seems like a natural choice.