Build problems with cmake / msvc2005

Michael Drüing michael at drueing.de
Fri Mar 17 11:47:02 CET 2006

Hi,

> > > I used this batch file to set the correct paths inside a
> VS 2005 command
> > prompt
> > > <<<<
> > > @echo off
> > > set OLDPATH=%PATH%
> > > set QTDIR=C:\Programme\qt- win-opensource-src-4.1.1
> > > set CMAKE_DIR=C:\Programme\Develop\CMake
> > > set
> >
> PATH=%OLDPATH%;%QTDIR%\bin;%CMAKE_DIR%\bin;C:\Programme\gnuwin
32\bin;C:\Prog
> > ramme\kdewin32\bin
> > > <<<<
> > > A "make install" in kdelibs/win will install the files to
> > C:\Programme\kdewin32
> > > (resp. C:\Program Files\kdewin32) by default. If you
> chose another path,
> > adapt
> > > it accordingly.
> >
> > This is what I tried first, i.e. setting the PATH to
> include d:\kde4\bin
> > (where I want kde). I even set %LIBPATH% to include
> d:\kde4\lib, both
> > without success. I don't find anything helpful in the cmake
> logfiles but
> > it
> > seems that cmake searches for the lib files only in c:\program
> > files\kdewin32 and not in $BUILDDIR/win (see
> findkdewin32.cmake). This did
> > work correctly some time ago, so I guess it's a regression.
> CMake should
> > at
> > least also search in $BUILDDIR/win
> No, you have to install kdewin32 first. And a debug version
> doesn't work (I
> renamed it to kdewin32d there to avoid this)

Okay, but then it should not only search in C:\Program Files\kdewin32 but
also in $KDEDIR/lib, because I don't want my kde installed in c:\program
files\kdewin32. I have set KDEDIR=d:\kde4 but CMake seems to ignore this. Or
is there any other environment variable which I could set so that CMake
finds my kde4 installation path?

After copying the libraries to c:\program files\kdewin32, I get similar
problems with the other libraries, like libz.lib. They seem to be expected
in c:\program files\gnuwin32 or something. I have them in
d:\devel\local\{lib,include}, which are in the default MSVC search paths
defined by $LIB and $INCLUDE. These directories should also be searched for
required libraries. Or maybe I'm missing something and there's already some
env.variable which I can set to tell CMake where additional libraries can be
found?

--Michael