Build problems with cmake / msvc2005

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Fri Mar 17 00:06:10 CET 2006

First off, we (Kitware) really need to get a new version of cmake out for kde. :)
We are working on that.

At 05:08 PM 3/16/2006, Michael Biebl wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I followed the instructions on http://www.kdelibs.com and tried to build
>the lateest  qt-4.1.1, cmake and kdelibs.
>My experiences so far:
>- Building qt-4.1.1 with the supplied patch and msvc2005 was simple.
>- Compiling cmake: I downloaded cmake-2.2 and generated NMake Makefiles.
>Compiled and installed fine, but msvcp80.dll/msvcr80.dll were missing
>and not installed, so running cmake failed.

This has been fixed in cvs cmake, vs 8 now requires manifests be embedded in
executables.  So, if you build cmake with cmake-2-2 it will not do that.
If you did not install it would work, because the manifest files would
be right next to the .exe files.  So, for now the best thing would be to
not install cmake, but use it out of the build tree.

-Bill