is "grep" command exists into cmake ?

Michael Pyne pynm0001 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 9 19:09:02 CET 2006

On Wednesday 08 March 2006 12:13, William A. Hoffman wrote:
> As long as we are on the topic of external tools.
> I noticed that perl is called during the build process in
> several spots.   I know there is perl for windows, but
> it seems a bit much to require its installation for a build.
> Perhaps these scripts should be converted to something more
> portable.

More portable like... ?

perl is probably more portable than sh, grep, etc. if we're talking about
Windows.

And make and friends don't exactly support every feature needed out of a
buildsystem, which is why they support calling external programs. ;)

It would perhaps be possible to port things that don't really need perl on a
case-by-case basis if they need to be on Windows and our normal UNIX-y
platforms, but I would hope it's only using perl if it needs to already.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne