mingw status

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Fri Mar 3 12:48:08 CET 2006

Harri Porten wrote:

>> class foo {
>>   KDE_EXPORT foo();
>>   myFunction();
>> }
>>
>> Then only the constructor is exported when I'm correct.

But this is inverse to the U/Q String problem!

THIS:

class __declspec(dllimport) UString
{
    /* static linkage */ UString(const QString&);

 must be possible when compiling khtml, but it isn't.

> Should work indeed and we started that way but still hesitate to continue.
> Not only because of the ugly "look" this will result in but because of the
> maintenance problem.

I've posted 2 suggestions to solve the problem,

http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-buildsystem/2006-February/001405.html
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-buildsystem/2006-February/001413.html

but nobody commented it.

> The Microsoft compiler and linker has no problem with the code as it is.
> Just MinGW. So I wonder if there is another alternative. Tried
> --warn-unresolved-symbols but that didn't help. Will
> still try --exclude-symbols although the hope is slim.
>
> Harri.

Peter