mingw status

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Mon Feb 20 14:41:13 CET 2006

Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Peter Kümmel wrote:
>> The only solution I see, is to move the UString code from
>> /khtml/ecma/kjs_binding.cpp into a extra file (kjs_ustring.cpp?) and to
>> build this file with kjs, not with khtml.
>>
>> But this we have to discuss with the khtml people.
>
> You don't have to. This will never happen.

We don't have to change any kjs code.

> KJS can't link to Qt.

Even not in our cmake files?
It's a KDE only solution.

> By design, this one function must be declared in another library.

I don't understand.
Currently it's declared in kjs and defined in khtml.

The problem when compiling khtml is that some files of khtml
include ustring.h and get the info UString::UString(const QString&)
is somewhere in a dll, but this constructor is implemented in by khtml
itself, so you get linker errors.

A other solution could be to move the khtml-ustring implementation into a
mini-dll.

Maybe I've overlooked the simples solution: Could I declare a single member
function with a other linkage as the rest of the class?

Peter