cmake on windows

Michael Drüing michael at drueing.de
Wed Mar 1 01:13:55 CET 2006

Hi,

> Im using a binary distribution of qt since
> i couldnt get its configure tool to behave,
> so those two environement variables have
> been set by the qt installer.  The QMAKESPEC
> is win32-g++, is this going to cause me
> trouble later on ?

I've never tried that, but as far as I know, the binary distribution is
built qith mingw, so you should stick to mingw entirely. I can't help you
much there, but to answer one of your first questions, mingw's build looks
for "libz.a" as far as I know (it uses .a files, just like Unix).
Try putting them in mingw's lib/ path.

If you want to give MSVC another try I fear you'll need to rebuild Qt4 with
MSVC. You need a patch for that which is available here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtwin (direct link for Qt4.1.1 here:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/qtwin/acs4qt411p1.zip?download)

install the patch with the supplied .bat file and then run "qconfigure.bat
msvc.net" from within the "MSVC command prompt". This should build Qt. Then
setup QTDIR and QMAKESPEC correctly and try re-running cmakesetup for
kdelibs/win.
You might also want to browse the archives of the kde-buildsystem
mailinglist.

--Michael