Poppler-qt4

Wilfried Huss Wilfried.Huss at gmx.at
Thu Jun 29 22:06:13 CEST 2006

Am Donnerstag, 29. Juni 2006 20:27 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> A Dijous 29 Juny 2006 20:23, Wilfried Huss va escriure:
> > Am Donnerstag, 29. Juni 2006 19:38 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> > > A Dijous 29 Juny 2006 17:45, Wilfried Huss va escriure:

> > > But the pdf kfile-plugin does not, it would not make sense disabling its
> > > compilation when you have poppler 0.5 for example. Can this be done with
> > > the cmake framework? And if it can, how?
> >
> > I don't think that is really an issue. Until KDE4 is released there is most
> > likely a stable poppler 0.6 or even 0.8. And anyone that wants to install
> > KDE4 will need to have a very uptodate base system anyway.
> >
> > > Anyway i obviously agree duplication is bad.
> >
> > Well, the duplication that is happening with kviewshell and okular is much
> > worse than having the same cmake file in two places. But this is a
> > different topic.
>
> Yeah i think i should inmediately stop coding okular

No, you shouldn't. But having the complete DVI-rendering code two times in
SVN is a much greater maintainance problem, than a duplicated cmake file.
Besides, okular's fork of the DVI code has thrown away 9 years of commit history.
This is also a problem. I thougt KDE switched to SVN so that such things would
not happen again.

> (not that i do much
> really, Pino is the master at the moment), i might even write some mails to
> tell gnome dudes to stop doing gnome because we have KDE and freebsd, netbsd,
> openbsd hackers to stop because we already have linux so who wants to have
> another kernel, dude, probably i even will send a polite mail to yahoo CEO to
> tell them to shup up their business because Google is doing better than them
> in all aspects.

Please, don't be so dramatic.

> BTW this is not the right mailing list to discuss that.

Greetings,
Wilfried