Poppler-qt4

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Jun 29 20:27:46 CEST 2006

A Dijous 29 Juny 2006 20:23, Wilfried Huss va escriure:
> Am Donnerstag, 29. Juni 2006 19:38 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> > A Dijous 29 Juny 2006 17:45, Wilfried Huss va escriure:

> > > kviewshell also needs the latest cvs snapshot of poppler, but the
> > > version is not checked in the cmake file in kdegraphics.
> >
> > But the pdf kfile-plugin does not, it would not make sense disabling its
> > compilation when you have poppler 0.5 for example. Can this be done with
> > the cmake framework? And if it can, how?
>
> I don't think that is really an issue. Until KDE4 is released there is most
> likely a stable poppler 0.6 or even 0.8. And anyone that wants to install
> KDE4 will need to have a very uptodate base system anyway.
>
> > Anyway i obviously agree duplication is bad.
>
> Well, the duplication that is happening with kviewshell and okular is much
> worse than having the same cmake file in two places. But this is a
> different topic.

Yeah i think i should inmediately stop coding okular (not that i do much
really, Pino is the master at the moment), i might even write some mails to
tell gnome dudes to stop doing gnome because we have KDE and freebsd, netbsd,
openbsd hackers to stop because we already have linux so who wants to have
another kernel, dude, probably i even will send a polite mail to yahoo CEO to
tell them to shup up their business because Google is doing better than them
in all aspects.

BTW this is not the right mailing list to discuss that.

Albert