looking for windows developer to test cmake buildsystem

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Tue Jan 31 19:23:37 CET 2006

Hi,

I've tried to compile kdelibs with the
   only free as beer and
      only for a year
m$vc 2005 express compiler.

After installing xml2, zlib, xslt, and openssl from
http://www.zlatkovic.com/libxml.en.html
I've added the paths for the include and lib directory.
(Isn't it possible to add a more convenient way of finding
these libraries instead of editing the cache file are using
cmakesetup?)

I've used the pre-build cmake 2.3.0 which ships with the
wrong runtime dlls (cmake.exe/cmakesetup.exe are a debug
build but the dlls are release!)

After downloading the correct dlls I only have to disable khtml,
because I don't know how to install giflib on windows (maybe
it's not necessary due to the dollars of m$.)

I must use cmakesetup, because cmake breaks with:
-- Using Buildname: Win32-VCExpress
Could not find QtGlobal header
-- Configuring done

By this way cmakesetup generates nmake makefiles.

The build process started by nmake then stops because
of a missing include path to the proprietary win stuff
which is located in /win, the headers in /win/include.

Peter