invitation: try compiling kdelibs using cmake

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 06:48:17 CET 2006

On 1/26/06, William A. Hoffman <billlist at nycap.rr.com> wrote:
> It would be cool as folks get it to build, if they do
> a make Experimental so the results will show up on the dashboard
> web page.  Even if you have errors, it will make
> it easier to debug, because we can look at the errors on
> the dashboard.
>
> So to create a build entry on the dashboard do this:
> cd build-tree
> make Experimental
>
> Results will end up here:
> http://public.kitware.com/KDE/Testing/Dashboard/MostRecentResults-Nightly/Dashboard.html
>
> You can click the rollup button if the results are not there.

Here's a dashboard question.  I started a "make Experimental" build
under OS X this morning.  Since I only have a slow iBook G3, it didn't
finish until 2 minutes to midnight.  It said it successfully submitted the data
but, even after hitting the rollup button it doesn't show up on the dashboard.
Several ideas I had as to why this is the case are as follows:

1. I didn't get to look at the dashboard until 10 minutes later after
midnight when
it had flipped over to next day.  Hitting the rollup button only seems
to work on the
current day.  Now, I did another "make Experimental" after midnight
and it showed
up after I hit the rollup button, but the previous build still didn't show up.

2. Since the build took so long, I suspended my laptop when I left work and
unsuspended it at home.  This meant that the hostname of the build didn't
match where it was submitted from.  I doubt this is the problem, but I might
as well mention it in the name of completeness.

So, is there any way to submit a previous experimental build?

Thanks much!

Cheers,
Tanner Lovelace

--