invitation: try compiling kdelibs using cmake

Benjamin Reed rangerrick at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 23:55:26 CET 2006

On 1/27/06, Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org> wrote:

> Cool :-)
> But I don't have a FindCarbon.cmake here.
> Where should it come from ? Did you forget to add it to svn ?

D'oh!  yes, I did.  Fixed.  :)

> > Ran into another issue while building stuff, it should probably be
> > handled at the cmake level itself, but for now I'm definining it in
> > flags in the FindKDE4.cmake...
>
> Why did you have to add QT_QTGUI_LIBRARY to some stuff in dcop/ ? I didn't get
> any undefined references here on my system.

Because there's an undefined reference on OSX.  :P

ld: CMakeFiles/dcop.dir/dcop.o illegal reference to symbol:
operator>>(QDataStream&, QImage&) defined in indirectly referenced
dynamic library
/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.1.0/lib/QtGui.framework/Versions/4.0/QtGui

Looks like there's some operator overloading in a header that references QImage.

> > First, does cmake have an equivalent to libtool's -no-undefined?  ie,
> > kde has some places where they can say, in the LDFLAGS for a target,
> > "this library should build without any missing or indirect symbols".
>
> You can use CMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS and CMAKE_MODULE_LINKER_FLAGS to adjust
> these settings.

OK.  I was hoping for something more part-of-cmake to hide the
complexity of such things (since it needs to be set differently per-os
and per-target) but for now we can hack it and hope for the best.  :)