invitation: try compiling kdelibs using cmake

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Fri Jan 27 20:47:46 CET 2006

Hi,

On Friday 27 January 2006 20:20, you wrote:
> > If you have questions, please ask on the kde-buildsystem at kde.org mailing
> > list, there are also two of the cmake developers subscribed. They want
> > cmake to become the buildsystem for KDE 4.
>
> I'm just getting to the basics here, is there an equivalent for
> CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH for libraries?  i.e., how do I point cmake at my
> Fink directory in general for finding external dependencies?

With link_directories() you can add directories which will be used when
linking, i.e. link_directories(/usr/fink/) would add a "-L/usr/fink" to the
command line.

This doesn't help for the cmake scripts (modules) which try to find packages.
There you have two chances:
1) Add your directory in the FindFoo.cmake file to the find_package()
commands. Since it won't exist on other platforms this isn't a problem for
these other platforms.
2) Recently there was a discussion on the cmake list about making standard
search paths configurable via variables. I don't know if this has already
been implemented. Bill ?

Bye