Qt includes question (was Re: invitation: try compiling kdelibs using cmake)

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 05:57:18 CET 2006

On 1/25/06, Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org> wrote:
> If you try to build it on Mac OS X or under Windows, you will immediately get
> an error message (see kdelibs/cmake/modules/FindKDE4.cmake . To get it
> working, remove the MESSAGE(FATAL_ERROR ...) from this file and see how far
> you get. Probably some of the system checks and FindFoo.cmake files have to
> be adjusted, compiler flags etc.

Question about includes in Qt4: Are the includes in an X11 version of
Qt 4 in a subdirectory called "Qt/" or have they been broken up now
into specific subdirectories like "QtCore/", "QtGui/" etc..?  I'm downloading
Qt4 on my linux box to see if I can figure it out, but I figured people here
might know right off the bat. :-)

The reason I ask is that I'm attempting to get kdelibs compiled on OS X
using Alex's cmake work and it's failing because source files do things

#include <Qt/qglobal.h>

instead of

#include <QtCore/qglobal.h>

The second form works perfectly when Qt4 has been configured
as OS X frameworks while the first fails.  It would be cool if there
would be one format that would work on all platforms.

Thanks much,
Tanner Lovelace

Tanner Lovelace
clubjuggler at gmail dot com