rules for installing headers ?

Jonas Bähr jonas.baehr at web.de
Sun Jan 22 17:18:47 CET 2006

Am Sonntag, 22. Januar 2006 09:40 schrieb Alexander Neundorf:
> Hi,
>
> in the Makefile.am's there's
> noinst_HEADERS=main.h
> and
> include_HEADERS=kprogress.h kcolordialog.h kselect.h
>
> How does this work ?
> Are all headers installed automatically except if they are listed in
> noinst_HEADERS ?
> Or are no headers installed except the ones listed in include_HEADERS ?
> But then what is noinst_HEADERS good for ?

IIRC noinst_HEADERS is needed if the headers are not installed (not listed in
include_HEADERS) but need further processing (ie. moc). I made the experience
that the Q_OBJECT-macro is only detected if the headerfile is listed in the
Makefile.am (but noinst_HEADERS is not needed to generate the moc-files if
you use #include "filename.moc" at the end of the .cpp)

bye,
Jonas

--
Try Krusader...