bksys / scons (Re: win32 port)

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Wed Jan 11 22:38:03 CET 2006

Brad King wrote:
>If you want a more customizable rpath with the option of install-time
>rpath changing I have some ideas on how to implement them in CMake.  I
>can give you more details on any of these approaches.

A standard KDE build has rpath enabled, but developers, when developing,
try to run uninstalled executables from the builddir. That means the
rpath that is there will get in the way and must be dealt with.

Currently, libtool relinks the executable, prepending the build dirs in
rpath.

I'm not sure if the developers would welcome a "if you want to run before
installing, you must build without rpath, which means you shouldn't
install" alternative.
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

1. On frumscafte, hwonne time_t wæs náht, se scieppend þone circolwyrde
wundorcræftlíge cennede and seo eorðe wæs idel and hit wæs gód.