how to find kde4 executables ?

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Feb 28 20:28:31 CET 2006

On Tuesday 28 February 2006 20:16, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> now that kdelibs/ compile with cmake, we can give other modules a try, first
> kdebase.
>
> On my system there are now e.g. two dcopidl2cpp executables, one
> in /opt/kde/bin/ and one in /opt/kde4/bin/ .
>
> $ /opt/kde4/bin/kde-config --path exe
> /home/alex/.kde/bin/:/opt/kde/bin/:/opt/kde4/bin/
>
> So, kde-config doesn't really help much here.

kde-config from the PATH is exactly what the current configure uses,
if --prefix isn't set.

The fact that your system is wrongly set (wrong KDEDIR) is a local bug ;)

More precisely:
  dnl no prefix given: look for kde-config in the PATH and deduce the prefix from it
  dnl prefix given: look for kde-config, preferrably in prefix, otherwise in PATH