mingw status

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Mon Feb 20 14:04:44 CET 2006

Paulo Jorge Guedes wrote:

>> Building stops now when linking khtml because the UString class
>> is declared in kjs and exported by KJS_EXPORT but defined in khtml.
>>
>> I don't know why there is such a construction.
>
> Yes, here too.

In kjs/ustring.h there is following comment:

    /**
     * Convenience declaration only ! You'll be on your own to write the
     * implementation for a construction from QString.
     *
     * Note: feel free to contact me if you want to see a dummy header for
     * your favorite FooString class here !
     */
    UString(const QString&);

so it seems that the extra implementation in a non-kjs file is by design.

The only solution I see, is to move the UString code from /khtml/ecma/kjs_binding.cpp
into a extra file (kjs_ustring.cpp?) and to build this file with kjs, not with khtml.

But this we have to discuss with the khtml people.

Peter