where to install the cmake files to ?

Laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Fri Feb 17 08:19:37 CET 2006

On Friday 17 February 2006 02:26, Matt Rogers wrote:
> On Thursday 16 February 2006 15:35, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I think on "make install" the cmake files located under
> > kdelibs/cmake/modules/ should be installed somewhere to a KDE directory
> > so that they can be reused when building other KDE stuff (...kdebase).
> >
> > Although probably most of the files located there will be moved back into
> > cmake cvs once they matured a bit more, some will stay in kde svn, e.g.
> > the FindKDE4.cmake and KDE4Macros.cmake files.
> > So, where should they be installed to ?
> >
> > <kdedir>/share/apps/cmake/modules,
> > <kdedir>/share/cmake/modules,
> >
> > something else ?
> >
> > I'd probably go with share/cmake/modules/, since cmake install its own
> > files usually also to share/CMake/Modules/.
> >
> > What do you think ?
>
> I think we shouldn't install them at all. we don't install anything from
> admin, why should cmake be any different?

Right. I don't think that it's necessary to install them.
We can create link into svn as for admin directory.

So we can install all cmake macro into one directory and not add macro into
kdebase/cmake/module for macro for kdebase etc.
For me one central directory into kdelibs which is used by all module is
better