cmake and RPATH

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Feb 16 23:55:43 CET 2006

Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Thursday 16 February 2006 23:33, you wrote:
>>Am Donnerstag, 16. Februar 2006 19:33 schrieb Alexander Neundorf:
>>>Ok, then how about this:
>>>-use neither RPATH nor RUNPATH and
>>>-have the buildsystem create a simple shell script for every executable:
>>That would mean that we had to relink at install time. Or do you mean that
>>the shell-script is to be also installed?
> I just tested here, nothing had to be relinked.
[snip]
> Am I getting something wrong ?

I think Leo is saying that if there is no RPATH for the build tree then
targets will have to be relinked to be given the proper RPATH for the
install tree.  Users should not have to load a shell script to set their
environment to run an installed application.

The new CMake feature I describe in

http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-buildsystem/2006-February/001343.html

should open up several options.

-Brad