cmake and RPATH

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Feb 16 23:50:11 CET 2006

> Am Donnerstag, 16. Februar 2006 19:33 schrieb Alexander Neundorf:
> > Ok, then how about this:
> > -use neither RPATH nor RUNPATH and
> > -have the buildsystem create a simple shell script for every executable:
>
> That would mean that we had to relink at install time. Or do you mean that
> the shell-script is to be also installed?

I just tested here, nothing had to be relinked.

Please test the attached file.
Running bin/cmrptest either doesn't start if the lib hasn't been installed
before, or links to the installed version if it has already been installed.
Running it via the generated cmrptest.sh always links to the builddir-library.

Am I getting something wrong ?

Bye