problem with kde4_install_incons

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Feb 10 20:02:14 CET 2006

Alex,

Brad King wrote:
> The problem is that the install_icons macro is creating duplicate
> targets which is not allowed by visual studio.  Each invocation of the
> macro should create a target with a different name.  You could add an
> argument to it to give the name of the library for which icons are being
> installed by the target.

Since the install_icons target is only used to attach the
POST_INSTALL_SCRIPT and work-around the current missing feature to
rename files during installation I've partly solved the problem in
CMake.  There is a new "INSTALL" command that serves as a placeholder
for a future more powerful install specification interface.  For now it
just has a simple "SCRIPT" option that allows one to specify a script to
run at install time.  I've included the documentation of the command below.

This should allow you to convert the install_icons macro to not need to
add a target at all.  The command will be included in the next KDE CMake
release.

-Brad

INSTALL
   Install rule specification interface command.

     INSTALL(SCRIPT <script1> [SCRIPT <script2> [...]])

   Specify rules to run at install time.  If SCRIPT is given the file
   named after it will be included in the install scripts.  Multiple
   SCRIPTs may be given within a single source directory and the scripts
   will be run in the order given.  The processing order of these scripts
   relative to install rules generated by INSTALL_TARGETS, INSTALL_FILES,
   and INSTALL_PROGRAMS commands is not specified.

   This command is a placeholder for a future larger interface.