some general questions about (building) kde on windows

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Mon Feb 6 03:12:05 CET 2006

At 04:06 AM 2/4/2006, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> Hi,
>>
>> where do windows users get stuff like libxml, libxslt, libpng, libjpeg,
>> lib(un)gif, libz and e.g. perl get from ? Are there different version for
>> msvc and mingw ? Is there maybe already a document which contains this
>> information ?

For most projects that I have worked with, once you go to windows you
have to start bringing these libraries into your project.  VTK has
png, jpeg, libz, and cmake has a few like this as well.  VXL is another
package that has a collection of stuff like this.  Both VTK and VXL have
cmake files that allow for a system version or the assimilated version
to be used, the default being the assimilated version.

-Bill