cmake dependencies bug due to symlinks

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Apr 27 18:46:46 CEST 2006

On Thursday 27 April 2006 18:18, you wrote:
> On Thursday 27 April 2006 19:04, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > >
> > > Might be that I run cmake from the same place before, I just didn't
> > > realize. I usually run cmake from a console and make from KDevelop,
> > > and I just set up a new KDevelop project, so it might be that I
> > > used different paths.
> >
> > Do you set up the kdevelop project manually or are you using the ones
> > created by cmake ?
>
> I use an "automake" based KDevelop project (basicly my old KDevelop
> project). The good is that I could compile and install single
> directories from the automake manager. If you set up the required
> variables in the run options, you can run KDE4 applications from inside
> KDevelop3. Debugging doesn't seem to work though, but I will work on
> it. ;-) After that I will write down the instructions how to do it on
> the wiki or in a blog.
> The only thing you need to run manually is the cmake command, but you
> don't do that often.

If you put a "project(name_of_the_project)" command in a CMakeLists.txt and
run cmake with the -GKDevelop3 command line option, it will automatically
generate the kdevelop project files for you. But you will need to remove the
"old" CMakeCache.txt, which was generated with the makefile-generator first.
Did you try this ?

Bye