cmake dependencies bug due to symlinks

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Apr 26 22:13:18 CEST 2006

Andras Mantia wrote:
>  I'm using now cmake 2.4.0-beta and still have problems with the include
> directories (as I described before).

Please post a follow-up to the previous discussion describing changes
seen with cmake 2.4 if any.  Then that discussion can continue separately.

 > But what I want to report is a
> possible bug in finding the dependencies.
> In a subdir (called lib) I have the following rules:
> include_directories(
>    ${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}
>    ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}
>    ${KDE4_INCLUDE_DIR}/kdevelop/interfaces
>    ${KDE4_INCLUDES}
>    )
> set(kdevquanta_LIB_SRCS
>    fileinfodlg.cpp
> )
>
> kde4_add_ui_files(kdevquanta_LIB_SRCS fileinfodlg.ui )
>

> fileinfodlg.cpp includes ui_fileinfodlg.h which is generated from
> fileinfodlg.ui.
>
> If I run make from a place which is a symlink to the actual location of
> the toplevel source directory, ui_fileinfodlg.h is not generated and I
> get a "error: ui_fileinfodlg.h: No such file or directory" error.

Please clarify your directory and symlink structure.  Is it:

foo-source
foo-binary
foo-binary-link -> foo-binary # run cmake foo-source / make

or

foo-source
foo-source-link -> foo-source
foo-binary # run cmake foo-source-link / make

or something else?

Thanks,
-Brad