do we want to keep the out-of-source-only requirement ?

Michael Pyne michael.pyne at kdemail.net
Tue Apr 25 23:29:16 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 25 April 2006 17:09, Jaison Lee wrote:
> Both of these things may occur less if we allow only out-of-source
> builds. AND we won't need to constantly worry about one or the other
> breaking.

Indeed, as much as I like arbritray restrictions on developers, I think we
should leave it as out-of-source required.  More or less for all the reasons
Jaison mentioned:

*) Clean separation between source and compiled results.
*) Only one style of build should mean that it will always work.

kdesvn-build has a few subroutines to deal with forcing modules that don't
natively support srcdir != builddir to work.  Now that Qt 4 supports this,
it's looking like I can remove that code once I remove KDE 3 support in the
distant future.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne