do we want to keep the out-of-source-only requirement ?

Jaison Lee lee.jaison at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 23:09:39 CEST 2006

On 4/25/06, Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org> wrote:
> since there was a short timespan where in-source builds of kdelibs didn't
> work, we required to always build out-of-source.
> With cmake 2.4.0 and above in-source builds will work again.
>
> Do we want to allow them again ?

I think that when Joe Random Developer is doing an in-source build and
has a problem he/she is more likely to 'rm -rf' the whole tree and
redownload it via 'svn co' rather than 'svn-clean' it. The problem of
the cmake generated files hanging around and mucking up cmake
configuration also keeps rearing its head.

Both of these things may occur less if we allow only out-of-source
builds. AND we won't need to constantly worry about one or the other
breaking.