ui4 headers

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Apr 24 19:08:59 CEST 2006

On Monday 24 April 2006 14:22, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Hi!
>
> There is a bug using parallel if the applications is using qt4 uic files.
> It can easily be reproduced with a fresh kdemultimedia build system
> (I'm sure it's there in other modules too, but I noticed it in kdemm):
>
> cd libkcddb/kcmcddb && make cddbconfigwidget.o
>
> There is no dependency on the generated ui_*.h file -> parallel build
> breaks. After some looking I found out how to fix it manually in the CMake
> file, but this should really happen automatically for files in the same
> directory.

I committed a change to KDE4Macros.cmake.
Now the generated ui_ header is added to the list of the sources, but actually
it works for me also without this change.
The generated makefiles contain this dependency here:

libkcddb/kcmcddb/CMakeFiles/kcm_cddb.dir/cddbconfigwidget.o:
libkcddb/kcmcddb/ui_cddbconfigwidget.h

Doesn't this exist on your system ?

Directly building an object file (make cddbconfigwidget.o) skips the
dependency scanning step.

Can you please post the error message from the compiler ?

Thanks