[FEATURE REQUEST] CMake and Colors

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed Apr 5 21:32:43 CEST 2006

On Sunday 02 April 2006 20:21, David Faure wrote:
> On Friday 31 March 2006 21:20, Allen Winter wrote:

> Excellent idea !
> This way we can centralize
> 1) the forbidding of srcdir==builddir
> 2) the setting of CMAKE_INCLUDE_CURRENT_DIR to ON
> 3) the enabling of colors

> Hmm, that's part of the kde4 paths, which apps -must- use when installing.
> I thought the idea of separating those 'defaults' is that they are actually
> optional; if a 3rd-party app developer already uses cmake with his own
> settings, he should use FindKDE4Internal but he doesn't have to load
> KDE4Defaults.cmake.

Yes. But does he really *must* use these installation directories ?
The only variable used in KDE4Macros.cmake and FindKDE4Internal.cmake is
LIB_INSTALL_DIR (for RPATH and (DY)LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
And actually he can just set CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to whatever he wants, and
the app will be installed there.
Whether it will work there is another question :-P
So I have the impression that only LIB_INSTALL_DIR is really required.

Am I getting something wrong ?

Bye