Doxy Generation (Was: [FEATURE REQUEST] CMake and Colors)

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Mon Apr 3 14:36:13 CEST 2006

On Monday 03 April 2006 14:22, Matt Rogers wrote:
> On Monday 03 April 2006 04:54, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> >
> > Nothing about the APIDOX generation right now requires an admin/ dir.
> > Just the doxygen.sh script and the settings in Makefile.am (which is why
> > we can't remove Makefile.am just now, since I need to port it to grep
> > Mainpage.dox instead and re-create all the settings in those files). So
> > as far as I'm concerned, admin/ can go away as soon as doxygen.sh is
> > mv'ed out of it.
>
> does that mean that the error message from the doxygen.sh script about not
> being able to find cvs.sh is bogus? I tried to run the doxygen.sh script
> over the weekend on sources w/o an admin dir (svk doesn't handle externals)
> and it didn't work.

It's bogus in the sense that it will set an empty version string for the
APIDOX; I see there are some dependencies I hadn't expected (VERSION is set
in cvs.sh and the project name (ie. PIM or something else) is set in
configure.in.in; these will have to move as well.

In any case, it remains that doxygen.sh shouldn't depend on admin/ and can be
moved to wherever. If that happens, I'll fix it afterwards.

PS. See the APIDOX howto for instructions on how to generate apidox by hand.

--
Adriaan de Groot
  KDE Quality Team